8/22/2009

being myself

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


In an age where there is much talk
about "being yourself,"
I reserve to myself the right
to forget about being myself,
since in any case
there is very little chance
of my being anybody else.



Thomas Merton
"Day of a Stranger,"
Thomas Merton Reader, p. 431






being myself
writing my own
haiku



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



. . . Read my
QUOTES WITH HAIKU




. . . Read my Haiku Archives 2009


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2 comments:

Frances said...

I have been enjoying a stroll through your work. We live in a house that long ago was reconstructed after an earthquake, also lived through one in Vancouver in a tall hotel that swayed so my bed rolled. Not for the faint of heart. Let us hope the next year is better. Fran

Gabi Greve said...

Dear Fran,
I sure hope every next day is better than this one ...
all the best to you!
Gabi

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .