6/22/2009

green frog

  
  



01 green fron on green leaf




a green frog
on a green leaf -
that's it !





02 shining backside of frog







green frog mandala










:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



You may have met my friend and his extended family:
Karl the Froggie   


Karl and Karlina are amagaeru あまがえる green tree frogs.
They are only about 2 cm long and everywhere in our garden.
Hyla japonica


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

comment from a friend
LOL
I love the two readings I got from this. The first - that it took the observer a moment to see the distinction of the frog from the leaf and L3 is the ah ha moment. LOL
The other is that the green frog on the green leaf is all that one can see and it is ALL green.
That's it! Nothing but green.
. . . from M san, 2009



. . . Read my Haiku Archives


[ . BACK to WORLDKIGO . TOP . ]
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

16 comments:

tina said...

I love the pic and the mandala want to say "ri- ri- ri- ribbit!"

Gabi Greve said...

Thanks for stopping by, Tina !!
Gabi

anonymous mo said...

gabi,
i like your green frog mandala... very escher-esque.
blessings,S.

Anonymous said...

I can hear that frog croaking from here. It reminds me of a kaleidoscope
S.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting play with greens, frogs, leafs and with individual and group.
I like it, too!
Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi Gabi.. - how cool! I've never seen a frog so bright green..and
shiny! - I bet that was a nice surprise to see him :)
- -- thanks for sharing him with us...
~Ch.

anonymous HH said...

Aaaw. Perfect!
I admire this type of simplicity and straightforwardness.
Brava Gabi san!
B.

anonymous aa said...

"He lives everywhere here, mostly in the slits of our outside furniture and the table. He sometimes jumps in the dinner plates when he is making his hasty get-away.
GABI"

Ha! That's a riot! Thank you, Gabi.
M.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gabi san,
I love this one.
B.D.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Gabi san
N.

Anonymous said...

He is a lovely green frog. I like frogs although I don't hear them much anymore.
B.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Gabi san,
I love your haiku and I love Karl! He looks so tiny -- or is that a really humongous leaf?
How great to have such an entertaining little friend.
neko

Anonymous said...

Gabi,
I loved this, too. Put a smile on my face! I remember a haiku of yours with the frog in a flower, taking a shower was it?

It occured to me to drop the article in L1 for some reason...

green frog
on a green leaf--
that's it!

W.

Anonymous said...

that's it!
and that 's enough!

nice one gabi
issa is alive and well
C.

anonymous aa said...

Shades if Issa, indeed. Sometimes life is simple . . .
Nice one, Gabi. And you've got some lovely photos in your collection!
S.C.

anonymous mo said...

Gabi, love your frog :-)
frog has been visiting me a lot lately...... even again today in medicine cards.
I love frogs... collect them
and hey, you can always cut your mandala into a circle :-)
I think I'll wear my peace frogs shirt today.......
D.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .