7/27/2008

great heat

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


great heat ...
a beetle with six legs
in the air







When it comes to shasei, I rather keep it the way I saw it and do not want him to loose one leg just for the sake of writing a clever haiku :o)

and the rest of the stroy

when I turned him over I could see his beautiful black-blue-spotted back, he was about 5 cm long, and suddenly he flapped his wings and then flew off to new adventures .... he really had me fooled ..


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



many people die of heatstroke here in Japan !
and the summer is just beginning !

This morning my bedroom temperature was 30 degrees centigrade ... talking of sauna ...






. . . Read my Haiku Archives 2008


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gabi
I hope you don't have a summer like we have just had. The heat-wave went on for ever. Well it felt like it after the 14th day.
Love the ku. Poor beetle. I wonder if you need six as don't all beetles have six legs.
B.

Anonymous said...

This is so cool - you need as much 'cool' as you can get at the moment.

She does have a point about 6 legged beetles - could the little feller lose one?

great heat
a beetle with five legs
in the air

A.M.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gabi san, I guess the beetle was lying on his back? That explains his six feet in the air.
M.

Anonymous said...

oh, Gabi, please drink a lot!!!
A.G.

Anonymous said...

Oh Gabi, I won't complain about our temps!
I do like this connection with the poor beetle.
What if you dropped the number?

great heat...
a beetle with its legs
in the air

I wish you coolness!
L.C.

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming the beetle is dead . . . and not necessarily from heat stroke . . . but I have this lovely vision of it waving its legs around to cool off. And with temperatures like that, so early in the morning, I might be doing the same thing!!!

Agree, though, that dropping six would work.
S.C.

Anonymous said...

Great image, Gabi. Captures the experience of great heat very well; it's easy to identify with that beetle.
B.N.Y.

Anonymous said...

very good haiku Gabi san
thank you
N.I.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .