6/25/2007

atomic fallout

  
  



atomic fallout
fall out
out












:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



Before dawn of March 1st in 1954, the U.S. hydrogen bomb "Bravo" blew up at the Bikini Atoll in the Marshall Islands. The power was 1,000 times more than the A-bomb on Hiroshima.
The Daigo Fukuryumaru (the Fifth Lucky Dragon), a tuna fishing boat, was operating near the Rongelap Atoll, which was thought to be outside the warning area and was about 160km away from Bikini Atoll.
A few hours later, radioactive pieces of coral reef called "Ash of Death" poured down on 23 crew members of the boat.

Daigo Fukuryumaru (Fifth Lucky Dragon)
第五福竜丸の事件



............................................


some comments

A sensitive, beautiful poem Gabi. I clicked into the link and yes, a sad story indeed!

.....

you have a sensitive, gentle, beautiful heart, gabi-san.
Bless you.

.....

Gabi san, I was deeply moved by your poem and act.
Thank you.

.....

Thank you for posting this Gabi. A sad story indeed.

.....

very sad story Gabi, we are our own worst enemy.

.....

Dear GABI,
With what a powerful voice you've stated your mind.
I read the report with great sadness. . . and it only got worse by the end of the write-up.
It is beyond reason why we do this to ourselves.

.....

i never heard about this tragedy before
thank you, Gabi! (for your good poem!, for the link)
a friend from Germany

.....

A fitting poem, Gabi. Thanks, Gabi.


..........................................


Read my Haiku Archives 2007


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2 comments:

Gabi Greve said...

.
Comments from my friends at Haiku Hut !
Members Only.
.

Anonymous said...

Gabi san, thank you so much for your information about Fifth luck dragon and Ben Shahn.
I was born and grown up in Shizuoka Prefecture. The luck dragon belonged to the port, named Yaezu where 30 kilo meter far from my native house is.
It was big tragedy that I knew well.
The ship had been displayed at the sea shore of Tokyo bay.
I visited there to see the ship.

Ben Shahn is my most favorite painter. His picture was displayed in Tokyo in 1991.
Of course I visited and bought the book of his works.

It is my first time to hear that he wrote [The Saga of the Lucky Dragon (1960-1962)].
If possible, I wish to see his illustration in the above book.

sakuo.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/happyhaiku/message/4977

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .