4/23/2007

Stone Face

  
 


春めくや まだ見つからぬ 石の顔








signs of spring -
the face of a stone
not yet discovered







:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



I am looking at it for a long time ...
He is definitely smiling, I feel.
Trying to figure out whom this face resembles.
Do you know anyone?




signs of spring, haru meku 春めく a kigo

.........................................

some comments

What an interesting concept, Gabi!
The face does have a sense of familiarity...

.....

Hi Gabi san

Hmmm... wondering about the "not" which I think you and or Etusko san warned me against using in HAIKU... what about:

signs of spring:
I find the garden stone face
under the soil

The original may be walking a thin timeline here as this is two moments... uncovering the face and trying to remember.

Maybe it was Akegarasu sensei who warned me... sometimes it is difficult for me to remember as I got good advice from you all.

as I re-read I thought

signs of spring:
from under the garden soil
a stone face emerges

well... this still needs work and I have no idea yet how to fit it to the Japanese

I hope I helped remove the knot of not... hee hee

Well, what do you feel? Chibi

... Hi Chibi san, thanks for your kind thoughts.

It must have been Akegarasu giving you advise ...

two moments or just one ... that is a thin line indeed ..

I see the face clearly on my stone, I just do not remember whom it resembles ...

maybe YOUR face ?

.....

Memory and perception are not always easily divided.
The fusion of the two may be the essence of the moment.


.........................................

Read my Haiku Archives 2007


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You find yourself in the stone's face.
You will meet your past and your future at the faces in the stone.

sakuo.

Gabi Greve said...

scots translation: seegnals o voar -/the neb o a stane/no yit kenspeckle/
thanks Gabi and a nice spring to all of you
John McDonald

The value of -discovering- often exceeds the value of the -discovered-. Nicely done, Gabi_!
Magyar


Lovely, Gabi San. Thank you for contributing!
Shyam Santhanam

lentetekens / het gelaat van een steen / nog niet ontdekt
Geert Verbeke

from here
http://www.wonderhaikuworlds.com/viewdetail.php?post=1338&type=1

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .