9/17/2009

three pine tops

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


three pine tops -
this raven chooses
the lowest




We have three pines side by side
and usually the birds sit in the highest top ...



If you were offered three jobs of differenc social ranking, which one would you choose ?





:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


. . . Read my Haiku Archives 2009


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

10 comments:

anonymous aha said...

Even ravens have rebels!
Like it.Good observation.
D.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Gabi san.
I love crows. They are such characters, and you've captured that well.
neko

Anonymous said...

Yes, with ravens and crows I have no difficulty accepting "chooses." If asked, the bird could no doubt give reasons.
BKY

Anonymous said...

Cool image and moment Gabi.
I like the emphasis which is drawn by using 'this'. Creates a before and after to this moment and I get a sense of the where and what of the poet.
T.

Anonymous said...

I can see this raven as she said, a rebel, rather than an outcast as the highest to lowest suggests. Somehow I feel that everybody knows this but it is a revelation to me.
V

anonymous said...

Nice one, Gabi. And I'm delighted that you've used the word 'chooses', ...
S.

Anonymous said...

I like this very much, Gabi.
Through reading your work and comments I'm learning the value of 'this'. Thank you.
J.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be so late weighing in on this one, but it's so just perfect as it is, I'm sure you really haven't missed my nitpicking.
Heian

anonymous aha said...

Much to consider in this Gabi.

'three' a number to conjure with.

Our ravens travel in small flocks as opposed to crows. So here I have one leaving and taking a more humble position. Ravens steal, ravens are thieves so my reading puts me in mind of The Crucifixion (the three crosses). The thief that would be in Heaven humbles himself.

I would be gobsmacked if that was your intent *smile*

J.

anonymous said...

i love the simplicity yet complexity in this haiku, Gabi-san.
RDW

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .